Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Receive and follow dispatch orders. Call in daily if on the Casual Board and not working.
2. Pre-trip vehicle inspection
3. Hook up to correct trailer as directed by dispatcher
4. Drive vehicle on specified route observing DOT and WFX/Allon Transportation Services, LLC safe driving rules and regulations
5. Communicate with dispatch as directed
6. Sleep in sleeper bunk when team driver is driving or during overnight stops
7. Backhaul product or return to domicile location as directed
8. Fuel vehicle as needed at approved locations
9. Prepare trip record and DOT logs daily
10. Be responsible for advance from company by obtaining receipts for expenses
11. Participate in safety programs
12. Comply with all DOT and FMCSR regulations
Physical and Mental Requirements:
1. Demonstrate sound judgment in operation of vehicle
2. Work 60 – 70 hours per week, within federal guidelines, including nights and weekends
3. Climb in and out of tractor and inside of trailer for inspection
4. Sit for up to 11 hours per day
5. Drive vehicle in extreme winter and summer temperatures and conditions
6. Communicate, read, understand, and write as required to perform essential functions.
7. Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required. “The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.”
DRIVER PRE-QUALIFICATION FORM
Thank you for applying for a driving position with our company. We are committed to providing the highest quality of service to our customers. In order to do this we are seeking the most qualified individuals. The following is a list of minimum qualifications required by our company. Please read carefully and sign in the space provided if you meet these qualifications. If you do not meet these qualification, return this to the person you received it from and explain the reason. If you meet these qualifications, an in-depth background investigation with be conducted and a hiring decision will be made.
1. Must be at least twenty-three (23) years of age.
2. Must have at least eighteen (18) months of OTR driving in last 5 years (3 states).
3. Must not have had a D.W.I. or D.U.I. conviction in the past ten (10) years. There can be no current pending D.W.I. or D.U.I. charges.
4. No major preventable accidents in the past three (3) years.
5. No more than two (2) moving violations in last three (3) years.
6. No more than three (3) minor accidents in the last five (5) years.
7. Possess only one (1) driver’s license and it must be for the state of residence.
8. Fill out the application completely to include ten (10) years of employment history. If you do not have the information at this time return the application and come back when you have the information. We do not allow applications to be removed from the office area.
9. You are required to pass a D.O.T. physical. Premium will only accept an applicant’s existing physical if there is at least 12 months remaining before expiration. Premium will not accept any physical issued for less than a one (1) year period. NOTE: All new employees are responsible for payment of their initial D.O.T. physical.
10. You will be required to provide a urine sample to be used for our Federally Mandated Drug screening program. All new and re-hire applicants must pass this drug screen before being employed.